Local SEO Guide
“Every startup or multi-location company can grow its business or brand and attract more customers with the help of local SEO. In this blog about local SEO, we explain what local search optimization is, and why using it can get you more conversations.”
What is Local SEO?
Local SEO is the practice of optimizing a website to increase traffic, leads and brand awareness from a local search on your brand online platform. Typical tasks associated with local SEO include finding local keywords, optimization of Google My Business profile, and adding Name, Address, and Phone Number and website URL.
Why is Local Search so important?
The reason behind this is that according to the research conducted by Digital World Giant. 49% of the searches of local intent, which means 2 out of 1 person is looking for something nearby. Almost 3 out of 4 people visit the store either physically or internet which they find on google searches on a particular day.
Examples of Local Search Engine Optimization
A person who wants to get his car washed what he is going to search. Most probably “Car washer near me” or “Car wash service” now he wants someone who is nearby to him and providing this service.
If you are looking for SEO services, do visit: Search Engine Optimization services.
Factors of Local SEO
- The location that the person is searching from
- Name, Address and Phone number citations
- Presence of Google My Business listing
- Focus Keywords used in Google My Business profile
- The sentiment of online reviews
- Keywords used in the online reviews
- Number of “check-ins” at that location
- Social signals
How results appear in the search:
For example, if you are going to search about “Car wash in NYC” in your google search bar, the results will be shown below.
Local SEO Tips if you want to rank your business locally:
- Optimize for Google My Business.
- Improve your internal linking structure.
- Optimize URL, title tags, headers, meta description, and content.
- Add location pages your website.
- Create local content.
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly.
- Ensure your name, address, and phone number are consistently online.
- Optimize online directories and citations.
- Get inbound links with relevance and authority.
- Engage in social media and add posts to Google My Business.
The main reason for and benefit of Local search marketing is that it is highly targeted and timely. It targets very specifically but at the same time shows your business online presence to your potential customers. Organically ranking your business locally can give you more conversations as compared to your competitors.